PLANNING FOR GOOD ORAL HEALTH CAMPAIGN IN HARTFORD
The Community Research Alliance, collaborators from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and the School of Dental Medicine, along with other community stakeholders concerned about disparities in the oral health of adults in Hartford, are putting together a plan for an oral health campaign and an action research program to improve the oral health of adults.
We invite you to help this initiative by answering a few short questions in a brief online survey before Monday, March 27th 5:00pm.
SEEKING CBO PARTICIPATION TO PROMOTE ORAL HYGIENE WITH CLIENTS AND COMMUNITY
We also want to identify a small number of CBOs that believe in the importance of good oral health, and that represent a diversity of clients from different parts of the city, to do the following things:
- Collaborate on research/assessment on oral health status with clients,
- conduct a brief intervention with a specific number of clients
- reassess their oral health status after the intervention to see if the intervention has made a difference.
If the plan is funded, there would be support for staff to do this work.
Requirements for CBO participation in this part of the project are:
- Must serve clients who are African-American/African diaspora, Latinx/Hispanic, low income/Medicaid, with disabilities, or otherwise vulnerable (e.g. unstably housed, drug using, living with HIV, on parole, undocumented immigrant)
- Must be seeing at least 50 clients each month between 21 and 65.
- Must be able to reconnect with them for assessment within 6 months of intervention
- Must be committed to improving oral health as a pathway to general health
If your organization is interested in participating or wants to learn more, contact:
Candida Flores, Cflores@familylifeeducation.org
Jean Schensul, Jean.email@example.com
Danielle Green Montaque, Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org